Trendy Airbags For Cyclists

 Now here's an image that made me chuckle - a neck scarf that converts into a helmet-like air bag.  Of course!



"Hövding is a bicycle helmet unlike any other currently on the market. It's ergonomic, it's practical, it complies with all the safety requirements, and it's also subtle and blends in with what else you are wearing."

This helmet is activated by sensors and takes 0.1 second to inflate.  According to its makers, " the airbag provides soft and effective shock absorption and maintains constant pressure for several seconds, making it able to withstand several impacts to the head in the same accident".

Well I'm not sure I'm totally sold on an inflatable helmet - no matter or chic or quick - however, I like to see interesting ideas like this for cyclists.  And hey, better an inflatable air-bag helmet than no helmet at all! 

Thanks Ian Cunningham of Engineers Without Borders for sending me this article.  Read on here.

Comments

Popular Posts